Thursday, May 7, 2009

things i learned from metaphysics...

1) We are born. We live. And then we cease to exist. And that's about it.
2) Phusis. On stages. My Daesin doesn't like it.
3) Why are there beings at all, rather than nothing? Isn't that the question you ask when you've completely given up on the world and have lost all hope for life? "Oh... why are there beings at all, rather than nothing?" Thanks, Debbie Downer AKA Martin Heidegger
4) Why are you even asking that question?
5) The world, like this list, is in a specific order.
6) Wavering and Oscillating mean the exact same thing.
7) People started out with four arms and four legs. Then Zeus split us up, so we're looking for our other half. (I illustrated the story in my notebook... it might not exactly be a metaphysical lesson)
8) "At night, all cows are black" (this was also written in the margins of my notebook... it's a direct quote from Rene)
9) It's all about the stage. And things emerging on it. And then things disappearing.
10) You are in my life. You hold sway for awhile. Then you leave. Kind of sucks... but it's the world in which we live.

Upon readnig my notes again... I have determined that I hopefully didn't fail, but I probably didn't get higher than a C on my final. I don't know if this is good or bad. It's better than failing. But oh man.

There were two questions on my Metaphysics final today. I answered each of them in an hour and fifteen minutes. Each. 1 hour and 15 minutes per question.

I have officially survived the most difficult class in the entire humanities department at CSB/SJU, and easily the more difficult class in my entire life.


No comments:

Post a Comment