Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here's the plan, stan.

These are the places I want to visit during the summer:
1) Greyhound Bus Museum--Hibbing, Minnesota
2) World's Largest Ball of Twine--Darwin, Minnesota
3) The SPAM Museum--Austin, Minnesota
4) Turtle Races (Wednesdays only... we'll see about this one)--Longville, Minnesota.
5) Tiny Church--Luverne, Minnesota
6) Collection of Exotic Dirt--Sheldon, Iowa
7) Judy Garland's Birth Home--Grand Rapids, Minnesota
8) Toilet Bowl Garden--Grand Rapids, Minnesota
9) Various places in Minneapolis/St. Paul
10) Sandpaper Museum--Two Harbors, Minnesota
11) World of Accordions Museum--Superior, Wisconsin.

Here are the goals I wish to accomplish:
1) Read one book a week.
2) Get paid a lot more money than I would have had I stayed at home.
3) Watch a movie a day?/week from the library, in alphabetical order, starting with the Z's.
4) Start working out again.
5) Cook every day. Or at least 3-5 times out of the week, depending on how many leftovers I'll have.
6) Call home more.
7) Write more letters.
8) Save more money than I spend.
9) Learn how to grill.
10) Write in my journal more.
11) Meet new people. Make new friends.
12) Stop baking so many brownies.
13) Go to daily Mass at least 3 times a week.
14) Go buy a swimsuit for the first time since 4th grade. And then go swimming for the first time since... 10th grade.
15) Take more pictures.
16) Help out with QUEST
17) Attend my first legal Theology on Tap
18) Fiddle around on the piano more.
19) Create a budget. And stick to it.
20) Be more involved with the community in St. Joe.

I'd write more, but I'm afraid I will wind up with an odd number, like 23, and I won't be able to even it out so it's 25 or 30... so I'm not going to add to it. I hate endingon odd numbers. My first list really bothers me because it ends at 11. But I don't know of other places to visit and spend time at... except for random statues of Paul Bunyan and hockey sticks and what nots.

I think it's going to be a good summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment