Monday, April 26, 2010

Are you ready?

Today I woke up at 12:50 PM from the most epic sleep I have ever experienced in my life. Last night I went to bed around 3:15 AM, and I should have been up around 10:30/11 just on my own, but I slept until 12:50 and had this amazing dream. I don't remember every detail of what happened... but some parts were just so vivid. I dreamed that I got on a train to go home from school, and I was so happy. I was in this apartment in the city with huge floor-to-ceiling windows which overlooked a beautiful city skyline. I was happy and surrounded by friends and family who loved me. Some things happened that I don't remember, and then I found myself back at the same train station. It was early in the morning and the sky was overcast, and I was rushing because I felt like I was going to be late. I ran up to a conductor and handed her my ticket, and she told me that I had the wrong one. I insisted that this must be the right train for me, but she just told me to wait a minute while she checked. This woman seriously moved at a snails pace as she walked from this outdoor lemonade-stand-type ticket counter to the train. I was panicking at the thought of missing this train, and finally the conductor came back to me and told me that I had the wrong ticket. The numbers she had matched on the train with my ticket, however, and I grew increasingly frustrated because I *knew* I had to be on this train in order to go home, but she wouldn't let me on. I started sobbing as the train slowly pulled away from the station and I was left to wonder how I was going to get home. Eventually I was filled with a sense of peace because I knew the next train would come in 13 hours, and it would be a pain to wait, but I would get home eventually. Then I found myself at church celebrating Mass. It was a very non-traditional Mass... there was no actual priest present, but the table was full of past youth and young adult ministers I have ever spent time with, as well as other family and friends who I loved. An old young adult minister friend of mine stood at the front of the room to talk about the Eucharist. There was a feast set up for us to my right... including freshly baked bread (I remember the steam rising from the cut up slices) and grapes. My young adult minister friend asked, "Are you ready to accept Jesus in this Eucharistic feast?" And then I woke up. It was epic. I haven't a clue what it means, if anything... but I loved waking up with that question.

Am I ready to accept Jesus in this Eucharistic feast? Am I really? It was intense. I'm excited to go to bed now and see what other crazy things I can dream up. The only problem is that I got so much sleep last night that I'm not tired enough for bed right now... which can potentially get real tragic real fast considering the kind of day I have tomorrow. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment