Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sara, this is your self, Sara, this is YOUR self. Pleased to meet you, Sara. Pleased to meet you too, friend.

Tonight I was gettin to thinkin about how little I actually know about myself anymore. I almost feel like a complete stranger to myself... but then I realized that I still know quite a bit about myself, so I'm at least an acquaintance. And then I realized that I know more than I think I know... I just haven't been listening to myself. Or have I? I think I need a retreat. A good one. One that I don't have to lead. One that's all about me and God. I could really go for that.

I know that I really love to laugh. And more than I love laughing... I love to make others laugh. I love coming up with creative metaphors, and I love to write. I love making up stories on the spot, and more often than not, these come out to be stories I'm pretty sure I should write down and make into children's books.

I know that I love listening to people and being a source of comfort for others. I love to help others see their situations in a different light, and I'm good at it.

I love the youth. I love to mentor them and watch them grow and be a guide for them on their spiritual journeys, as well as their intellectual and emotional and physical ones (not in a pedophile-kind of way, no worries, lol).

I love writing reflections for my QUEST group. I love being able to explain otherwise complex theological concepts for them in a language they can understand. I always feel pumped after that.

I love doing service for others. I feel at my best when I am doing service to others, as a matter of fact.

I also really love correcting/editing papers. And filling out forms. I'm in heaven if I have a long form to fill out. Unless it's a resume. Then I don't.

I love doing secret acts of kindness, like folding someone's laundry if it's still in the dryer and it's not underwear and I'm not too T.O.ed at the fact that they forgot about it. Or waiting that extra minute and a half for someone I see running down the street to catch the bus. Okay that example isn't quite so secret, but you catch my drift. Sometimes I pick a passenger and pray for them while I drive to St. Ben's/St. John's. That's pretty secretive.

I love baking. A lot. Whenever I'm feeling down, and I bake, it's an instant pick-me-up.

Okay. So knowing these couple things about myself... what the heck can I do for the rest of my life? Hm? That's the $100 question for the month. I'm looking at a few program coordinator jobs for a bunch of youth-related nonprofits. But sometimes... I just don't know. I don't know what I'm actually passionate about. And I want to do something meaningful. So what do I do?

Meanwhile, this gigantic pile of crapola in my bedroom isn't going to unpack itself, unfortunately, so I'm goin to have to hop to it. Adios, friends.

*Edit* My long search on Monster.com has provided me with a job listing as a Dating Coordinator. Fun? I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment