Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Indeed.

Today I was looking through a friend's photo album of various photos she found on the internet that she enjoyed... and I happened across this one, and it got me thinkin':


What *would* I attempt to do if I knew I could not fail? Fear of failure holds me back from a ton of things. It holds me back from talking in class, trying something different, talking to someone new. If failure was no longer an option, and no matter what I did, I would succeed at in some way... what would I do?

I would definitely sign up for that Snowflake Shuffle... even despite that $20 entry fee. I would talk to every single person who sits next to me on the bus. I would go rock climbing at St. John's. I would share every opinion that I had in class. I would be completely myself. I would say exactly what I think and show exactly how I feel in almost all situations. There is so much freedom that comes with not being afraid of failure.

I'm not quite sure how to get rid of this fear though. I know that without it, I could succeed in so many ways. My dreams could become a reality! I would let the real Sara shine through! But oh, how paralyzing that fear is.

What would *you* do if you knew you could not fail?

1 comment:

  1. Probably go live in the wild with some mountain goats.

    Or maybe I'd just be more outgoing in a new place.

    ReplyDelete