Sunday, July 26, 2009

cuz I'd get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightening bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance

For starters... I was able to run a half mile straight yesterday. This is a huge deal for me. It may not seem like much... but just two weeks ago, I barely survived running a full minute straight. This was at least 6 minutes straight And then I pooped out. And I walked for another quarter mile, ran for about an eighth a mile, and then walked the rest. This is epic.

Secondly... I was able to go out in public today in a sleeveless shirt. Again... to most people, this isn't that exciting... but for me... it was a huge step. I haven't worn a tank top in years. YEARS. And now I'm feeling more confident in myself. Confident enough for a tank top at least. I haven't quite reached swimsuit-level confidence yet... but the tank top I can now do.

I'm also a little too excited for school to start. The class part. Not the spending money on books part (I don't think I could ever get excited for that)... but maybe even the homework part. Just a little bit. I'm just tired of work. I'm tired of sitting in front of a computer all day and wasting my life away. I want to engage my brain in something. And I'm feeling super confident... not only because of my physical achievements... but because I'm still on this high after passing metaphysics with a BC. I'm pretty sure I can handle anything academically now. And this makes me even more excited for the school year to start.

Is it lame that I just want the bookstore to post the books we'll need online now? I still have to wait a week for it, I think. But I want to know what books I'll be needing! I just want to look at the covers! I want to know the titles! I want to know if my "Writings of St. Paul" book that I couldn't sell back from Bobertz's Engaging Scriptures class two years ago will be of any use to me next year! Agh! In exactly one month... I'll have finished my first day of classes for my senior year of college. Holy guacamole!!

I've got a feeling about next year, too. Something amazing is going to happen. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment